The primary job responsibility will be to become an integral part of our engineering team: contributing to the engineering disciplines you are most passionate about and interested to work on; and seeking out opportunities to dive in, solve problems and make improvements. You will be expected to apply your expertise, insights and time to help other engineers, and correspondingly to learn from your peers. Specific duties will vary depending on the skill-set of the applicant.
Additional useful experience includes strong 3D math skills, good problem solving skills, the ability to work well with others, and the ability to come up with simple, clever and efficient solutions that make everybody happy.
Qualified candidates have a can-do attitude, demonstrated strong work ethic, exceptional skills in written, visual and verbal communication,
and enjoy all the pleasures and pains that come with working in a start-up environment. The ideal candidate has experience contributing to a multi-person code base and
has the ability to work with other engineers to develop engine components. Candidates should feel comfortable attacking difficult problems and seeing them through to completion,
and will work with clients and engineers to find the best solution while satisfying feature and performance requirements.
Prior experience developing for iOS, Unity, Cocos2D, or PC is a plus; candidates should be able to convince us why their particular experience well prepares them for game development.
Candidates are expected to have a passion for adding the extra polish that truly sets games apart.
Depending on performance, this position may be eligible for other benefits and performance bonuses.
- Gameplay infrastructure development
- Scripting system internals
- Physics and collision programming
- Graphics and animation programming
- Core engine development (threading, system integration, engine infrastructure, etc)
- Debugging and performance optimization
- Low and high level networking systems
- Designing and creating artist or developer tools
- A strong passion for video game development
- Proficiency in C++/Objective C and C#
- Knowledge of common data structures and algorithms, complexity
- Comfortable with linear algebra and general mathematics
- Experience or proficiency with topics relevant to game development, such as animation, effects, graphics and rendering, parallel programming, physics, scripting languages, test engineering, UI design, vehicle simulation, AI, or pathfinding
- Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with programmers, artists, and designers
- Ability to work with internal and externally developed code
- Ability to write clean, readable, reliable and portable code
- Ability to work autonomously, but enjoy collaborative development